If you’re wondering if it’s time to replace your house siding, you’re not alone. Siding isn’t something that needs to be replaced all that often. However, it does play an important role in protecting your home – and everything inside – from the elements. By making yourself aware of the warning signs that indicate you need to replace your house siding, you can be more prepared to make this investment in your home when the time is right.
Signs You Need to Replace Your House Siding
Some signs of failed house siding are more obvious than others. Here are some of the key indicators that might tell you it’s time for a siding replacement project:
- Cracks, gaps, or warping – Any of these forms of damage to your siding create the opportunity for bugs, pests, and water to infiltrate your siding.
- Rotting or deteriorated siding – Is your siding showing signs of rot or water damage? These are clear signs that your siding is no longer protecting your home.
- Mold or mildew growth – If your siding has mold or mildew, these are additional signs that your siding has deteriorated beyond repair.
- High energy bills – This is a less obvious sign that your siding may need to be replaced. However, siding that’s not offering enough insulation can contribute to high energy bills each month.
- Constant maintenance requirements – Does your siding seem to need constant maintenance to keep it in tip-top condition? You can save yourself plenty of trouble over the coming years with low-maintenance replacement siding.
Whether you’ve noticed any of the warning signs above or you’re unsure whether you need to replace your house siding, it’s best to turn to the professionals to help determine your need. At HomeStar Remodeling, our friendly and knowledgeable team members can provide an onsite evaluation to help determine if it’s time to replace the house siding on your home. Contact us to learn more about our siding replacement services in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and Delaware.